We are one!
This time one year ago, Migraine Foundation Aotearoa New Zealand was officially launched. To celebrate our first birthday, we’re giving away five copies of Dr Katy Munro’s book Managing Your Migraine.
We think this book is already a migraine literature classic (check out our review of it here).
Now we’ve been incorporated for a year, many more funding streams are open to us to apply for.
Funders always want to know what we do for our community, so we’re asking you.
To be in the running to win a copy of Managing Your Migraine, simply tell us how the Migraine Foundation has helped you in our first year.
You can do this by filling in this form, or sending a short video to us at email@example.com. Make sure you give us your name and email address so we can contact you if you win.
You can also copy and paste the form URL into your browser:
Entries close Wednesday 19 April, 2023 11.59pm. Winners will be announced on social media, in our May newsletter (subscribe here) and winners will be contacted by Migraine Foundation Aotearoa New Zealand.
First Birthday Prize-Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Officers of the Migraine Foundation Aotearoa New Zealand Incorporated (NZ society 50096209) (“Migraine Foundation”) and their immediate families, or anyone living in their household, are ineligible.
2. Promotion commences on Saturday 1 April, 2023 and final entries close at 11.59 pm New Zealand Standard Daylight Savings Time on Wednesday 19 April, 2023.
3. The promotion is a random draw from eligible forms submitted on our website and eligible entries received by email following the ‘How to enter’ instructions.
4. There will be five winners, who will each receive one prize.
5. The Prize is a book entitled Managing Your Migraine by Dr Katy Munro valued at $26.00. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
6. How to enter:
To enter, you must either:
(a) answer the mandatory question and provide your full name and contact details on the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftDfIfIKFuXT9JQ4Ss4DFquu2zmE9R7xNt5WYMeNuvpPRJYQ/viewform, or
(b) email a video answer to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and contact details in your email.
We require your contact details (phone and/or email address) so we can contact you if you win.
7. The winning entries will be randomly drawn from the total pool of eligible entries. No contestant can win two prizes and no entry can win twice.
8. Winners will be announced on social media and in our May newsletter, and contacted by Migraine Foundation Aotearoa New Zealand. Each winner will have until Wednesday 26 April 2023 to claim their prize and provide a delivery address by emailing email@example.com. If the prize is not claimed in that time, another entry will be randomly selected and awarded the prize and the previous winner will forgo all claims to the prize.
9. Prizes will be shipped by either the Migraine Foundation or directly by the prize donor to the winner. In the event that the prize donor ships the prize directly to the winner, the Migraine Foundation must disclose the identity of the prize donor to the winner and the winner must authorise the Migraine Foundation to provide their name and shipping details to that prize donor in order for the prize to be delivered. If authorisation is not provided, the winner will forgo all claims to the prize which will then be awarded to the runner-up.
10. Original work: By entering, you agree that the Migraine Foundation and its agents, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the promotional campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified. You indemnify the Migraine Foundation from and against any action, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, arising out of any infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
11. This contest is being run by the Migraine Foundation Aotearoa New Zealand Incorporated (NZ society 50096209). This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Migraine Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) your participation in the contest and your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize in full or part; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries.